Forum des chars de combat et de la cavalerie Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Leclerc Armor Protection
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 3  >

Répondre au sujet    Forum des chars de combat et de la cavalerie Index du Forum » Chars de Combat - MBT » Chars Contemporains » France » Char Leclerc Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
Leclerc Armor Protection
Auteur Message
LaVictoireEstLaVie
1ère Classe
1ère Classe

Masculin
Caste: Civil
Passion: Tankophile

Message Leclerc Armor Protection Répondre en citant
Hello Everyone ,

Does anybody have the armor equivalent thickness values for the Leclerc Series 1 and 2 as well as series 3 (XXI) tank ?

How does the armor profile of the Leclerc look and perform compared to the Abrams m1a1HA, m1a2, m1a2 sep. Leopard 2a4 and a5/6, Challenger 2 and Merkava tanks?

I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
Lun 4 Mai - 15:14 (2009) MSN
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Lun 4 Mai - 15:14 (2009)
ARMA51
Modérateur

Masculin
Caste: Militaire de l'Armée de Terre
Branche d'activité: Armée de Terre

Hello,it's not possible to compare because nobody know the exact composition of the leclerc's armor.The leclerc MBT can survive to a direct impact from APFSDS ammunition .The armor is the same on all leclerc ,except for the S XXI serie witch include also explosive armor .     

I can't compare with the others MBT because I don't know exactly how they are built.I'm not sure that all theirs armor are modular .The leclerc's armor is fully modular,all part can be change quickly.I think this is not possible for the others MBT except for the merkava's additional armor.

This is all I can tell you .I'm glad to see that our MBT looks interesting for you.I'm surprise about your name do you know the french ? Or is it an automatic translation ? I hope that my answer will be satisfactory for you.I also hope you'll understand all what I try to explain Rolling Eyes .

Lun 4 Mai - 19:16 (2009)
Minos
Brigadier
Brigadier

Masculin

Mais oui tu parles très bien anglais Arma, il comprendra! Smile
Lun 4 Mai - 20:28 (2009)
LaVictoireEstLaVie
1ère Classe
1ère Classe

Masculin

Hello ARMA and Minos,

Minos is right your English is pretty  good.   The Leclerc is my favourite tank, its design is just adorable 
I have been using this screen name for years. It's just usually LaVic

Concerning the armor of the Leclerc, according to the wiki the latest Leclerc seems to be using titanium backed non-explosive reactive (NERA) modular armor.

Also I have another question on the Leclerc, whats the thing above the main gun barrel at the base?
Is it another laser range finder ?

Do you also know where I could get pictures of the Bayard Leclerc prototype  besides from"http://www.chars-francais.net/" ?

P.S. I  wish they would add the Leclerc to Steel Beasts pro
Mar 5 Mai - 03:03 (2009) MSN
ARMA51
Modérateur

Masculin

Thanks for my English Embarassed .

Concerning the armor,on the french version of wikipedia they says ERA ( according to what a said yesterday on S XXI version ) not NERA ,starting on T10 version.The only thing I know is that the Leclerc's armor is not made with only one type of material.This is a "sandwich" armor.

Concerning the thing above the main gun,this is not another laser,but an arcuremeter.

For the Bayard pictures,I don't know were you can find them.

For Leclerc in steel beast pro,our administrator darklabor will be agree with you Mr. Green .

Mar 5 Mai - 03:39 (2009)
LaVictoireEstLaVie
1ère Classe
1ère Classe

Masculin

What is a arcuremeter ?
Mar 5 Mai - 14:52 (2009) MSN
ARMA51
Modérateur

Masculin

Sorry,I was thinking this name was in english Embarassed .I can't find any english description.I will try to explain how it's working.This arcuremetre ( in french ),is made with two parts,one transmitter and one receiver.The arcuremetre is made to measure and to correct the gun deformation due to the heat.This deformation is calculate and integrate to the main computer.

Mar 5 Mai - 19:28 (2009)
Icem4n
Modérateur

Masculin

Greetings LaVic.

We officially translated this a "muzzle reference system" for our tropicalized tank, the system unit you see above the main gun is the transmitter/receiver. You can also see its muzzle mirror.
I think you understood Arma about what it is charged of.
Okay
Mer 6 Mai - 14:00 (2009)
LaVictoireEstLaVie
1ère Classe
1ère Classe

Masculin

Thanks Icem and Arma,

Yes i understood the response. Icem how would you rate the Leclerc series compared to the Leopard 2 a4 , leopard 2a5/6in terms of firepower, protection and mobility ?

How easy to use is the fire control system and how does it compare to the leopard 2 and Abrams series of tanks in terms of accuracy? What steps do you follow to engage a target? If you played Steel Beasts Pro, do you think it would easier to engage a target with the Leclerc then the M1A1 HA Abrams and Leopard 2 variants  ?

What are the things you like and don't like about the Leclerc? Thanks !
Mer 6 Mai - 14:19 (2009) MSN
Icem4n
Modérateur

Masculin

We have SB experts on this forums, stay around and wait for their opinion. I personnally played SB a bit (because anyone who wanna knows how a firing system works must play SB some day Laughing ), but I'm not surprised you didn't get any datas about the XL fcs (or protection).
I don't think targetting would be easier nor quickest in game, it could be more precise especially during dynamic sequences, as in real.
Mer 6 Mai - 15:33 (2009)
Minos
Brigadier
Brigadier

Masculin

Au fait ,notre ami ne s'est pas présenté?! Moi ça m'intéresserait d'en savoir plus sur lui! Wink
Je demande ou pas? Embarassed
Mer 6 Mai - 17:58 (2009)
ARMA51
Modérateur

Masculin

On peut,c'est vrai que moi aussi je suis un peu curieux de ce coté la .Lance toi Okay .

Mer 6 Mai - 18:53 (2009)
Minos
Brigadier
Brigadier

Masculin

Alors mon anglais n'est vraiment pas bon (je sais pas comment j'ai réussi le test au CSO...) mais je tente:

Could you present yourself please LaVictoireEstLaVie, we are curious to more know you! Razz
How old are you? What is your job? Where do you come from in USA? Why do you like tanks and why are you interested by them? etc... Wink
Mer 6 Mai - 19:15 (2009)
LaVictoireEstLaVie
1ère Classe
1ère Classe

Masculin

Well I am LaVic AKA Christoph. I am originally from Germany but now I live in Ghettomre AKA Baltimore.
I have been interested in Tanks since I was around 15 (am 26). Right now I am working in a school lab doing signal processing. I will be going back to school for architecture and some civil engineering or energie efficiency Confused

The tanks i got the chance to touch and see for a short period of time were the M1 prototype , MBT 70, M1A1 (HA?) , and M1A2, and various  WW2 tanks. No Leclerc Sad I think  I like tanks because of their appearance and psychological strength projection/intimidation as well as capabilities. I am also interested in the technical aspects of  tanks, particularly armor.

The Leclerc has been my favourite eversince i first saw it. I have Marc Chassillan's book as well as the Tankograd booklet on the Leclerc. My french is horrible so I have diffculty understanding Chassilan's book Sad

I do enjoy Steel Beasts Pro but I wish they would add the Leclerc.

Where is this Tankophile Darklabor ? I wonder who the bigger Leclerc fan is Embarassed

The first image that I saw of a Leclerc. I fell in love immediately.:

Jeu 7 Mai - 07:00 (2009) MSN
Icem4n
Modérateur

Masculin

Thank you LaVic.

The "bigger Leclerc fan" around the planet is not at home presently, he reads the board sometimes but I'm sure he will answer you as soon as he'll get time for this. Wink

The SB Leclerc is in work in progress I heard. I dunno if it will be released a day as there are many things not public released yet, nevertheless a simplified simulation could be added, maybe. I don't know if it will be so interresting... Wait and see Laughing

Chassilan's book is very very interesting it's a shame you can not read him Surprised
You get a fairly detailed description of the Leclerc fire control p64/65.

cheers
Jeu 7 Mai - 14:03 (2009)
Contenu Sponsorisé

Message Leclerc Armor Protection

Aujourd’hui à 18:12 (2016)
Répondre au sujet    Forum des chars de combat et de la cavalerie Index du Forum » Chars de Combat - MBT » Chars Contemporains » France » Char Leclerc Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 sur 3

Sauter vers: 

Index | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation